Friday, April 18, 2014

Ambassadors are working hard!


.... they took part in two Saturday trainings, one of them led by the one and only Mr. Michael Fryer (!). We talked about what leadership means, what hopes and concerns they have for the coming year as Ambassadors, they planned their first projects and we also played a lot of fun games to get to know each other and build dorm teams - GREAT JOB AND COMMITMENT, AMBASSADORS! :-)

Ambassadors also wrote their Code of Conduct that you can read below - this is their road map for their work and behavior standards this coming year. 

Below you can also find pictures from the trainings. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


LAS Leadership Program 2014-15
AMBASSADORS CODE OF CONDUCT



As an LAS Ambassador I promise to be a responsible, innovative and compassionate citizen of the world and serve as a role model in our school community and beyond and in particular I will:


·      ** be helpful and kind
·      **be responsible
·      ** be patient and respectful
·      ** listen to people
·      ** be hardworking and ambitious
·      ** make people feel at home
·      ** be confident
·      ** contribute as much as I can in my role
·      ** be a good influence
·      ** be truthful and honest

     ** be positive
·      ** be creative
·      ** follow my goals
·      ** be tolerant and open minded
·      ** keep promises
·      ** be fair
·      ** be good advisor
·      ** follow principles
·      ** be moralistic
·      ** be myself
·      ** be realistic
·      ** communicate appropriately with the students
·      ** be encouraging.

If members of faculty feel that I am not fulfilling this commitment then I agree to sit down and explore ways in which improvements can be made.
If I feel that my efforts are not being acknowledged or valued, I also commit to speak with Ms. Krause, Ms. Coward, Ms. Meyskens or Mr. Fryer about my frustrations.
As an LAS Ambassador I also accept that if situations mentioned below occur I will suspend or give up my ambassadorship (varying case by case):

·      -- upon getting an on campus suspension and above (if the case is not straightforward it needs to be taken to the Honor Council)
·      -- when consistently not following principles above
·      -- when consistently getting infractions even small ones
·      -- when failing to come through with my projects
·      -- when failing to fulfill my responsibility
·      -- if not participating in meetings
·      -- when avoiding duties
·      -- if lacking effort, not trying hard enough
·      -- if my average GPA is constantly below 2.8 (unless there is a valid reason like difficult subject, family problems, etc.).


Leysin , March-April 2014

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



















No comments:

Post a Comment